Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuing issue with DC

Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I've missed an update, but we're continuing to turn off parts of Acrobat DC so that our Windows 10 (1909 thru to 20H2) machines function well. We still have to delete the Acrobat PDF printer so that Excel (Business Standard 365) can run at full speed. And we still have to change Creative Cloud to not start automatically so that it doesn't take 20% of the CPU (even when idle) and overheat our laptops.

Are either of these being fixed anytime soon?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this behavior noticed in computers that have both Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed together with Adobe Reader DC, and the Acrobat extension enabled in Internet Explorer 11?

Does turning off from the Security (Enhanced) preferences "Enabled Protected View at startup (Preview)" do any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I don't know why I didn't see this last time, but...

We only use Pro DC. No one has reader. I'll test the other two options when I can, but the problem is not consistent. I've had people go months without an issue and then it's constant.

I should probably have noted that we only use the desktop version of Excel. And the Acrobat PDF printer affects Excel  even when Acrobat is not running.

No one uses IE 11 (who would), but why would a IE extension affect Excel differently depending on whether the Acrobat PDF printer is installed -- or were you assuming I was using online versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines