• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous tab order multiple pages on form

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2 page form that I cannot get the tab order to continue on. Page 2 starts at tab 1 again. Does anyone know how I can get the second page to start off where page 1 left off? I have been searching for 2 days with no luck.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

First of all, I would strongly suggest you get rid of those annoying "This field is required" alerts on On Blur. They make tabbing through the file nearly impossible, especially since you've added a command to stay on the current field in some of them (like in the Name field)!

If I go to the last field on the first page ("Expiration") and click tab it shows the alert, and then goes to the highlight comments at the top of the page ("must include a 10 business day period"), as I've said it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean. When you arrive to the last field on page 1 it will automatically jump to the first field on page 2, unless there are comments or links on page 1, in which case it will go to them first, and only after that to page 2. This is automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the tabs in order (1-19 on page one and then 1-23 on page two). When I tab through the form, it is not going in order.  I can't figure out why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my document. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I would strongly suggest you get rid of those annoying "This field is required" alerts on On Blur. They make tabbing through the file nearly impossible, especially since you've added a command to stay on the current field in some of them (like in the Name field)!

If I go to the last field on the first page ("Expiration") and click tab it shows the alert, and then goes to the highlight comments at the top of the page ("must include a 10 business day period"), as I've said it would. The other highlight is flattened, so after that it goes to the first field on page 2 ("Pub Works Checkbox"), again as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another way to make a field required (other than it just highlighted red)? that is why I have the pop ups there. I am so new to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Required for what purpose, exactly? In other words, what should happen if it's not filled in?

The "required" property is only used when the form is submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines