• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controls appearing in front of cover, can I set z order anywhere?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have created a text box with the words NONE in huge type across the middle and with a white background. I have then placed it over a page in my document and when a button is clicked it is unhidden and then if clicked again its hidden and the page shows. Problem is on some of them the controls (option buttons) are in front of my cover. Is there a way to set the z order for a text filed as you can when one is created in the edit mode rather than prepare form mode.

I had thought the solution was to create i suing the edit mode where you can bring it to the front, but then it has no name so I cannot hide or unhide it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Mark

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't explicitly set the z-order of fields, which is why it's not a good idea to have overlapping fields.

From experience it seems that the last field you edit is the one that appears on top, but that's just a guess and you should not rely on it.

I would recommend hiding the other fields using a script when you make that field visible, and the other way around, or find some other place to put it on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines