Highlighted

Convert *docx to *PDF file

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Task: Convert *docx to *PDF file.

The source file is prepared in Word-2016, WIN7.

The conversion is performed in one of two ways: 1) the file is opened by Word and the "convert to PDF"operation is used. 2) Adobe Acrobat DC opens and the "create PDF from file" option is used. In the *docx file, multi-point numbered footnotes with links in both directions: from the main text to the text of the footnote with the same number and back. In Word, all footnotes work correctly. In the converted *PDF file, the footnotes are numbered correctly in both ways, but the links lead to page numbers instead of footnotes. Backlinks don't work at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. Anatoly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert *docx to *PDF file

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Task: Convert *docx to *PDF file.

The source file is prepared in Word-2016, WIN7.

The conversion is performed in one of two ways: 1) the file is opened by Word and the "convert to PDF"operation is used. 2) Adobe Acrobat DC opens and the "create PDF from file" option is used. In the *docx file, multi-point numbered footnotes with links in both directions: from the main text to the text of the footnote with the same number and back. In Word, all footnotes work correctly. In the converted *PDF file, the footnotes are numbered correctly in both ways, but the links lead to page numbers instead of footnotes. Backlinks don't work at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. Anatoly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per you, the links in the PDF created don't work as they work in Word file. Please use the steps provided below

- Open the Word file and go to Acrobat ribbon > Preferences.

- In the Acrobat PDF Maker window, go to Word.

- Ensure that the box for "Convert footnote and endnote links" is checked.

- Click on the OK button to save the changes.

- Now click on Create PDF

Check if that helps.

If the above steps don't help, would it be possible to share the Word file and PDF with us so we can check it on our end?

Also, please share the Acrobat and OS version you are using on the machine.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The problem is not fixed. And I am WAITING for YOUR HELP.

1. Apparently, my letter last week, containing a response to the recommendations of the respected Meenakshi, was somewhere lost in the electronic streams. So I repeat (from memory).

The recommendation, unfortunately, has not worked. 

And I answer your questions.

1. About Problem converting * docx to pdf.

The file was prepared in Word 2016 and is located at https://www.futurisrael.org/Kaz/Holocaust03_Format_SG.docx

https://www.futurisrael.org/Kaz/Holocaust03_Format_SG.docx 

Endnotes are applied in the file. Everything works correctly in both directions (there and back).

The result of conversion to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (file V. 20.006.20034.39303) can be found here: https://www.futurisrael.org/Kaz/Holocaust03_Format_SG.pdf

https://www.futurisrael.org/Kaz/Holocaust03_Format_SG.pdf

In the converted file, the footnotes do not work correctly in a direct way, a page, footnote numbers, instead of the corresponding footnote number in the block of footnotes, or open an arbitrary page of text. Footnotes in the opposite direction all do not work at all.

The conversion was performed in two ways: from Word using the "convert to pdf" option and from Acrobat using the "create pdf file" option. The results are exactly the same.

Yours faithfully

Anatoly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi! For two weeks now, you've been telling me to mark the box for "Convert footnotes and endnote links". I've been celebrating it for two weeks now. But nothing changes. I am ready to celebrate it for two more weeks, if it makes sense. By the way, which PDF standard should I set in the Acrobat PDF-Maker window?

Sincerely yours

Anatoly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0