Highlighted

Convert dwg file from acrobat to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the .dwg file is converted from Acrobat to PDF, it is shown as a blank screen.

Only certain files are recalled to the bin screen, are there any compatible .dwg file options or types limited?

I bought Acrobat to convert the dwg file to PDF, but I can't work because it is shown on a blank screen!

Please help me..

test file : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4brjyqjqunycnw3/AAD0S8e_vLr2Eca5sQ52-sHra?dl=0 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

I believe Acrobat will only convert a .dwg to .pdf if you also have the CAD software. This seems a bit misleading to me and you probably have grounds to ask for your money back.

There is a free CAD viewer from Autodesk that seems to work well, you can print a PDF from the viewer, but it is a low res image. Here is a link to your .dwg opened in the Autodesk viewer:

https://autode.sk/3i1FE6W

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert dwg file from acrobat to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the .dwg file is converted from Acrobat to PDF, it is shown as a blank screen.

Only certain files are recalled to the bin screen, are there any compatible .dwg file options or types limited?

I bought Acrobat to convert the dwg file to PDF, but I can't work because it is shown on a blank screen!

Please help me..

test file : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4brjyqjqunycnw3/AAD0S8e_vLr2Eca5sQ52-sHra?dl=0 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

I believe Acrobat will only convert a .dwg to .pdf if you also have the CAD software. This seems a bit misleading to me and you probably have grounds to ask for your money back.

There is a free CAD viewer from Autodesk that seems to work well, you can print a PDF from the viewer, but it is a low res image. Here is a link to your .dwg opened in the Autodesk viewer:

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ca nyou confirm the verion of the software you use and the operating system you have?

I always prefer to 'Plot' command (print) a drawing to PDF. It will use your pen assignmenta to apply line thicknesses and styles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a software version and an operating system version problem.

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
    Acrobat 2020 version.
  • macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
    Acrobat DC 20.0

Unfortunately, I don't have CAD license. I have to convert this .dwg file to pdf to review.

Is Acrobat difficult to convert .dwg to PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as, Export to, or print to PDF from the original CAD program is the preferred method to produce a high-quality PDF. You can sometimes use Illustrator to open a .dwg and re-save as a PDF, when I tried to open your .dwg file in Illustrator I received a message about missing fonts. If you don't have the fonts, you could substitute them for other fonts and re-format all of the type, which might be your best option, (if you don't have the original CAD program). I also needed to increase the artboard size in Illustrator before saving as a PDF.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.36.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.31.52 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can import and save .dwg files in Illustrator. But I don't have an Illustrator license!

I bought Acrobat when I saw that Acrobat could convert the .dwg file to pdf on the [Supported file formats in Acrobat and Reader] site, but it keeps showing blank screen!

Is there any way to convert from Acrobat without CAD and Illustrator??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF