• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Evernote .enex (xml) files to .pdf

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evernote no longer supports the in-app conversion direct to .pdf (at not that I have found).

Of course, I can buy a conversion program like BitRecover, but I am wondering if there is not a way inside Adobe Acrobat to convert .enex files?

Inside Evernote, you can go to the Export Feature and Select PRINT (print to .pdf) Option, but that feature clips and distorts everything in the converted file!

I have tried copying (to clipboard) everything I want to save to .pdf and then Creating a .pdf directly from the clipboard.  That does not work.

I am at Full Stop using saving Evernote Files to .dpf unless someone has a work around.  I convert almost every file I save in Evernote to .pdf so that I can email the item to others, but now that Evernote has "improved" its App and deleted the direct conversion to .pdf the service is MUCH less useful.  Anyone having this same problem and developed a functional work around?

I am running MacOS Big Sur ver 11.2.2 with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ver. 2021.001.2042

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Take a look at the link below for a possible solution.........

https://www.epubor.com/how-to-export-evernote-to-pdf.html

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

This is a problem only with the NEW version of Evernote which does not
support virtual printers. There is no PRINT to .pdf option in the
2019-2021 version of Evernote, and Evernote is no longer supporting the
Legacy versions of Evernote which did have the print to .pdf options as
well as the direct Convert Note To PDF option on right mouse click. In the
new version of Evernote, I did manage to export .enex files to my installed
printer and used the printer's innate ability to print to .pdf, but it
prints all confused, misaligned, and simply does not work. While it used
to be a one-click feature of Evernote to directly convert any file to .pdf
Evernote has simply dropped that feature from all of the 2019 - 2021
updates.

The Legacy Evernote Program also did have the Export to HLML option in the
drop-down export menu, but the new Evernote versions do not. I can only
speak to Mac computers as I do not have a Microsoft System computer.

Be well,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems more to be a macOS problem than an Evernote problem. My Evernote on Windows 10 still supports printing and as Windows 10 supports the virtual printers I have no trouble converting my data to PDF.

May I suggest asking this question in an Evernote forum as it is probably not related to an Adobe problem but that many Evernote users could run into the same trouble on macOS.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The direct answer, is - no. An ENEX file is understood by Evernote, not by Acrobat at all. You must do this with Evernote itself, and if you can't do it with Evernote, then you probably can't do it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, Evernote has no trouble reading .pdf files or vice versa.  The Legacy Evernote Program even has a "convert file to .pdf" option on right-mouse click.  The new versions simply deleted this function.  I keep the old Legacy Version of Evernote just for this function even though Evernote says the Legacy Version is no longer supported.  And, as I indicated earlier it is possible to buy a conversion program like BitRecover to do the job of converting .enex files to .pdf at a cost of about $35 for a personal copy.

I speculate that maybe Evernote dropped the "convert note to .pdf" function only for MasOS versions because Apple MacOS no longer supports Virtual Printers. Maybe some Microsoft OS and Evernote user would check this for us?  If that is the case, then I am mystified why my Legacy Version of Evernote still works perfectly with the latest MacOS using the "convert file to .pdf" right mouse click feature. (?)

My hope is that the Adobe Development Team will look into this feature with the Evernote Development Team for new

upgrades. Or better yet develop its own version of Evernote using all .pdf files for saving web pages, etc., coupled with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Cloud.  Should be a piece of cake, all that is needed is a search feature like Evernote uses and a "save to .pdf" add-on for the various browsers.  It would also help if Adobe Acrobat made it just a tad easier to edit  .pdfs.

I convert almost all of my Evernote files to .pdfs for the ease of sharing them via email with others on my teams.  I suspect that Evernote only wants files to be shared as .enex files to encourage recipients to install Evernote to be able to read the files shared with them by whatever means.  If that is the case then it is not very "customer-friendly" to make things more difficult for paid users just to promote the product - is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines