• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PDF to Word.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application uses Acrobat Pro.  The input is a PDF file which is converted to MS Word.docx file. Unzipping the ".docx" file, my applikcation reads the internal "word\document.xml" file.

When the input PDF page size is 33 x 46 inches, because Word's max page size is 22 inches, the translation is saved a multiple Word.docx files Is there a configuration where Adobe translation creates 1 "document.xml" capturing all the content in the 48 inch PDF file? The output does not have to be Word or Word compatible file.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go into Acrobat's preferences and select the "Convert from PDF" category, you will find the settings for the "To Word" conversion. I would try the retain page layout option, if that does not help, unfortunately, there are no other settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Per AdobeTechnical Support, the Word conversion and page size limits are on the Micosoft side.

"Acrobat doesn't have root level integration to communicate with Microsoft API's

Communication happens through a plugin of Adobe PDF maker which will be integrated to Microsoft applications.

This PDF maker will not be integrated in root level but just as com add in feature."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that response makes no sense at all. Whoever you communicated with in Adobe Customer Support clearly didn't understand your query.

The “PDFMaker” they refer to is a plugin to Word to create PDF. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with converting PDF to Word.

In terms of converting your PDF files to Word in order to read the internal .XML file, you might be better off exporting from Acrobat to XML directly. That way you avoid dealing with the formatting, page size, and other restrictions of Word.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Tech support session tried 3 options:

1) Converting to PDF to XML  The XML only has text and references to images in a subdirectory.   The XML did not have font info, bounding boxes and its position coordinates around text and images.

2) I guess thinking there was something about my PDF ( created using Chrome Webdriver - Save AS ), Tech support created another PDF via "print" and then created an XML.  Same result - no detailed font nor bounding boxes.

3) My simple ask:  Word's max page size is 22 inches.   During the Retain Page Layout or Retain Flow Text conversion to Word.docx, ignor the 22 inch limit or set to 48 inches.    The resulted in the PDF page maker reply.

Apologies for the confusion.   Tech Support was very diligent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

How can I reach out to you to discuss futher?   This is a high priority requirement for our project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I am not part of Adobe Customer Support.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines