Highlighted

Convert Portfolio to Single PDF *HAS SECURITY FEATURES**

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive searched all over the community and none of the responses work.  I am using Adobe Acrobat DC and was forced to combine PDF's (with electronic signatures) to a portfolio vs single PDF file due to the security features.  So now, I want to be able to print to PDF, all of the files within the portfolio.  It is not allowing me to do this as it prompts me to save each portfolio individually, then I have to go back and combine them again in to a regular PDF in order to email it to someone as one file.

Surely, there is a solution to this time-consuming task...

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert Portfolio to Single PDF *HAS SECURITY FEATURES**

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive searched all over the community and none of the responses work.  I am using Adobe Acrobat DC and was forced to combine PDF's (with electronic signatures) to a portfolio vs single PDF file due to the security features.  So now, I want to be able to print to PDF, all of the files within the portfolio.  It is not allowing me to do this as it prompts me to save each portfolio individually, then I have to go back and combine them again in to a regular PDF in order to email it to someone as one file.

Surely, there is a solution to this time-consuming task...

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

While combining PDF files using Combine Files feature, as mentioned you were forced to create the PDF protfolio rather than a combined file.

Did you try to change the Option from following settings: Acrobat DC>Tools>Combine Files>Options>uncheck Save as PDF Portfolio

Combine Files.PNG

Also, why would you like to Print to PDF when its already a PDF file? If solution provided above doesn't work, then send us a few sample PDF if possible.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Security PDF Files
  • Combined. Not allowed to to combine as single PDF due to security features.
  • Forced to combine as portfolio.
  • Chose to print to single PDF but it made print and name every single file to save--there are like 86 files.
  • So I did that and then had to go back and combine to single PDF in order to print to ONE pdf file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Extract all files contained in the PDF portfolio in a folder.

2. Use Acrobat Pro to combine all extracted files in a single PDF file.

It should take less than two minutes, counting wide.

😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC Pro use File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF...
Then add the portfolio and combine the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do that with a single click, but it will only work if the files are not secured and can be merged as a single PDF. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2018/05/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of the above works cause no one is understanding what Im trying to say.

I did all of that. Because of the SECURITY FEATURES, it automatically makes you do what I said above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have it both ways. Either the files are not secured and can be merged, or they are secured and can't be merged as a single PDF.

You can remove the security, merge them and then apply a security policy to the merged file, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1