Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert text fields to form fields

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

what I'm trying to do is: Building a design in XD, save that as pdf and make it a formular. So I can send the webdesign to a user and he can fill in his contents directly.

For now I've exported a pdf and tried to make it a form. Acrobat recognizes all text fields as text fields, so I can change the text in acrobat. But I don't know how to transform these text field to form fields?

Is that possible? Or do I need to build new form fields above each text field and then delete the text field below? That's kind of uncomfortable.... So I hope you can help me out and tell me how to convert a text field to a form field.

Thx a lot!

BR

Sebastian

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with "text field" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Bernd, mit Dir kann ich vermutlich auf Deutsch schreiben :).

Ich versuche, aus einem Adobe-XD-Dokument ein Formular zu erstellen. Ich entwerfe also das XD-Dokument, gehe auf Exportieren -> als PDF speichern. Dann öffne ich das Ganze in Acrobat mit Formular vorbereiten. Im Idealfall soll Acrobat nun alle Texte aus XD automatisch erkennen und in Formularfelder umwandeln.

Macht es aber nicht. Vielmehr erkennt Acrobat in den meisten Fällen nicht einmal die Textfelder, sondern markiert jeden Buchstaben einzeln als Textfeld (also wirklich jeden einzelnen Buchstaben...).

Meine Frage wäre nun: Wie schaffe ich die Anbindung, dass die Textfelder aus den XD-Dokumenten in Acrobat als Formularfelder erkannt werden?

Vllt muss ich das auch schon in XD anders formatieren? Kannst Du mir da helfen?

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat use: Tools > Prepare Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bernd, is it better if I write in english?

Yes, I know that. But my main problem is: How can I convert Adobe XD-Files to Acrobat forms?

I export the XD-file as pdf, but Acrobat don't recognizes the text elements as form fields.

So what can I do (in XD or in Acrobat) to make the text elements I build in XD being recognized as form fields in Acrobat?

Thx a lot!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the forum for Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines