• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to 100% K

Enthusiast ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, is there a fast way to convert all the gray text in a PDF to pure 100% black?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you're asking to do this on text object fields or the plain (FreeType) text of the PDF document per se.

If working with field objects you can achieve this with a JavaScript action (from a button, console batch script, or as an action via the Action Wizard).

If this is for the document text I would say to experiment with the Print Production tool which provides a vast amount possibilities via PDF Fixups and preflight profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Luke. That topic is certainly related, but seems to be instructing how to change the color of one graphic rather than changing all text throughout a PDF. I tried to use the instructions and make them relevant to my question, but was not successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be working for all specific grays in your PDF. You will first need to use the Output preview tool to determine the existing value of the gray (there may be several, and they could be RGB or CMYK). If this is the case, you could make several preflight fixups and run them together using the Action Wizard. You can also adjust the tolerance of the preflight (and include intermediate color values). Can you duplicate and edit the existing preflight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm able to duplicate the existing preflight. You are right that there are several shades of gray. It will be time-consuming trying to figure out how many shades of gray there are and what their values are. I guess there is no easy (fast) way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey jay_fresno,

Just a quick follow up and see if you were able to sort this out.

I cam accross this old thread posted back in 2019: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/100-black-converting-to-cmyk/td-p/10382258?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines