Highlighted

Convert to PDF/a

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble converting a PDF to PDF/a. I've tried to convert to a-1b and a-2b, and it still detects errors that I'm not able to follow to correct. Any suggestions? Working against a filing deadline with the court.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert to PDF/a

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble converting a PDF to PDF/a. I've tried to convert to a-1b and a-2b, and it still detects errors that I'm not able to follow to correct. Any suggestions? Working against a filing deadline with the court.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of errors?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm seeing, but it's not showing me where the error is in the document so that I can correct it. To make our deadline, we ended up printing and scanning the document to make it work instead. I'd still like the knowledge for future issues like this though. Thanks so much!

7.27.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

According to the PDF/A organization, you might try PDF/A-3. The error you are getting is an embedded file that is not a PDF. You might also track down the image003.png file in the source file in the original application and insert it a different way.

https://www.pdfa.org/pdfa-faq/

"Can 'normal' PDF files be converted to PDF/A?

In general, PDF files can be converted to PDF/A. However, depending on the contents of the source PDF and PDF/A target selection, it's possible that some features cannot be transferred to a PDF/A file.

In very general terms, PDF/A-1 is adequate for many archival purposes, especially for scanned documents.

PDF/A-2, which is based on ISO 32000-1, is more flexible, and allows for richer graphics, including transparency and layers, and the embedding of other PDF/A files.

PDF/A-3 is similar to PDF/A-2, but also allows for embedding non-PDF files."

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF