Exit

Convert to pdf output folder

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat XI Standard

Window 10 64 bit

When right clicking on a docx file, choosing convert to Adobe  pdf, the default file save path is saving to the document folder. Is there an option to change default save location to the save folder as the original docx being converted? I've checked the Adobe PDF printer settings and only finding these options available:

1. Documents\*.pdf

2. Prompt for Adobe PDF filename.

I do have the option to browse for a path however, the docx files reside in several different folder locations.

Any help would be appreciated,

DSE

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davee,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to change the default location when saving word file as pdf, is that correct?

Please try the steps given in the following forum thread discussing the similar topic:

How do I change the default target folder for PDF creation in Acrobat X Pro? Cool with regedit if ne...

Let us know if you have a further query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

Thank you for providing the instructions on how to change the default file save location of a newly created pdf file. I am aware of how to make this path change following the linked article however, the question remains whether this pathing be modified to allow the newly converted pdf to save in the same folder as the original file being converted whether that's a docx or otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davee,

I tried replicating the issue on my machine ( with Acrobat XI version 11.0.23) with a sample word file in explorer > right-click > convert to Adobe pdf and it saved the pdf to the same location as the original file. For ex.- downloads folder. Could you check if you have the latest version of Acrobat installed on the machine by clicking "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download the updates from here:  Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

For me the default location is always the folder I saved something to last. If I work on files in a folder called June 2019 and save all of them in that folder they will all default to June 2019. But if I then move to July 2019 the default save locaiton will be June 2019 for the first file I save. If I am bouncing around between folders saving things, having the file save by default to the last location I was in doesn't work for me. I would much rather have an option where the default location is the same folder as where I am trying to save to.

Best,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe cares to fix this issue. Is there a fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is end of life. Only the current version gets fixed  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat pro. The problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro is the name used for all versions, so Acrobat Pro XI is what I assumed this was about. Do you actually have Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem. However, I have Adobe installed on two different machines that are using the same account. One one machine it allows me to convert right in the same folder where the original file is lcoated, on the other machine it is opening up a folder for whatever previouse file I had selected for pdf conversion. This is very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a fix for this? It's costing me so much time that I'm considering ditching adobe and going back to nitro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines