• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting excel to pdf and logos on excel document wont appear on the pdf version

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using excel to create my quotations, on the quotation I have my company logo, In the printed format the logo appears, but when i save the document to pdf the logo disapears.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving excel file using "Save as Adobe PDF" feature in Microsoft Excel (or any Office software), after conversion, images in the PDF are not there. This is happening in Office 2019 (O365) but I have tested on Office 2016 (O365) and it works fine!?!?

Print to PDF works fine!

Save As then saving as PDF works!

Just not the "Save as Adobe PDF"!?!?

This is happening on all versions of Adobe that we have (Acrobat Standard 2015 and 2017)

Included are images of Office versions and Adobe versionsoffice2019.PNGoffice2016.PNGadobe2015.PNG

Please advise thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Excel for Office 365. I have confirmed that the 1911 update from 12-3-19 broke this, but have not been able to find a fix yet. (Works on all machines with build 1910, not on 1911. Upgraded a 1910 machine to 1911 and the feature broke.) No errors, just images do not render.  Using the Adobe PDF printer option from the print dialog renders no images and scrambled letters as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrentM, what is your Acrobat version? I observe that O_Connor is using Acrobat 2015, which is pretty old now - not sure if it still gets fixes for Office issues. Hopefully, though, it's going to be fixed by Microsoft. Odd that Save as Adobe PDF doesn't work, but Save as followed by Save as Adobe PDF does work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using Acrobat DC 19.021.20058. Neither way of using Save as PDF works for my users. I currently have them printing using PDF Creator until we can find a resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi O_Connor_Electric,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while saving the Excel file using Save as Adobe PDF process.

would it be possible to share a few sample files through which you are able to reproduce the issue so that we can test it at our end?

Please share the files in the private message only. Upload the files on Document Cloud storage, generate the share link, and send it in the private message.

Have you tried repairing the Office package from the Control panel? If not, please try once and see if this brings any different in the Save as Adobe PDF workflow.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues, excel Acrobat create PDF no images coming through on PDF. Using Acrobat Pro DC and most up to date 365 Excel. Is there a fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind shairng few sample PDF files along with the Process Monitor logs of the affected machine in private message so that we can try to reproduce the issue at your end?

Please download the Process monitor tool from here: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no attach file option in PM..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

The issue is from Microsoft's end with their latest 1911 release. They have acknowledged the issue and we can expect to hear from them soon.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this issue yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same thing, it's a little annoying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have the same problem: images dissapear (actually, most images dissapear, still few images remain visible)  when trying to use "Save as Adobe PDF" from excel.. is there a fix for that?

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly frustrating. Amazing how large IT companies make these mistakes. All it would take an an intern to beta test the new verion to realise it doens't work. Is there no QA in these businesses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "1911"    what do you mean by " latest 1911 release."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and it just started about a month ago.  I have the full paid version of  Adobe Acrobat DC.  When I combine several excel sheets, one of which has checkmark clipart on it, all the images disappear on the completed PDF document.  I have tried everything, and every time the checkmarks disappear.  I even tried to use the Convert to PDF command on the excel sheet in question, and again, the checkmarks disappeared.  The only work around I have found is first printing the excel in PDF and then combining it with the other pages to make one document.  Very frustrating and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years we have depended on excel and Adobe Acrobat for our business.  Religously this has worked for the last 15 years. Now suddely when I select an area in excel that has pictures in it the PDF file only has ONE picture.   We have saved our whole pricebook before and it included all the pictures.  Now this does not work anymore.  IT does it on my setup at home as well. Suddenly now our business can not function as usual.   Suddely ether Microsoft has done a update or Adobe has doen a update that has make it so things do not work.  So a work around is printing to PDF printer and saving the PDF file but this is really flacky and it does not print what I select.     Anyone know what to do so Acrobat will export my excel spreadsheet  and still keep photos.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO this 1911 is that for ms office ???  Can you tell me more about this ?  Is this an update for office ?  or WIndows ?  IF its a windows update then why does this problem happen on my windows 10 comptuer as well as my windows 7 at home.   If I purcahced ms office outright would I be able to prevent this ?    I can go back to a computer clone before this probelm started and prevent some type of update from excuting until we hear back that they fixed this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning All

I spoke to a Microsoft Engineere yesterday, I sent him through a document and asked him to try and "Save as Adobe PDF" , on his machine it did the same problem as we are all experiencing. He asked to discuss this with Microsoft engineers and call me back. When he did call me back, he said that Microsoft was aware of this issue and it had to do with an update that went out late last year, while they correct this issue he asked if I could continue converting into .pdf using the following method:

Press : File

Press: Eport

Press Create .pdf

The press the create pdf tab.

This method I have tested on my machine running windows 10 and office 365. Please let me know if it helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed with Office update Version 1912 (Build 12325.20344) onwards on monthly channel, rolled out on 22nd Jan.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed with Office update Version 1912 (Build 12325.20344) onwards on monthly channel, rolled out on 22nd Jan.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

A new update for Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC is now available addressing this issue. Please update the application to the latest version 20.006.20034. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information please use the help link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to save my excel spreadsheet, which is set on landscape, legal, as a PDF file, but it appears set on portrait, letter size 😞   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines