Highlighted

Converting/Exporting PDF to Word (just the text, not graphics and not text in a text box)

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of long text documents saved in PDF format. Most are editable scans. I want to export the PDF to Word and get a clean editable output/converted file. I would like the output to be simple formatted text rendered as if I just typed it, not in a text box. I am currently opening the PDF document, using the Edit Tool, and scrolling through the document page-by-page, and copying the text from the text box in the PDF, and pasting it into a Word Document. Is there a way to use the export function in Adobe to just render texts, not graphics, and text in a text box?  Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting/Exporting PDF to Word (just the text, not graphics and not text in a text box)

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of long text documents saved in PDF format. Most are editable scans. I want to export the PDF to Word and get a clean editable output/converted file. I would like the output to be simple formatted text rendered as if I just typed it, not in a text box. I am currently opening the PDF document, using the Edit Tool, and scrolling through the document page-by-page, and copying the text from the text box in the PDF, and pasting it into a Word Document. Is there a way to use the export function in Adobe to just render texts, not graphics, and text in a text box?  Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I'd export directly to a text file. You'll need to experiment which version of Text (Accessible or Plain) is best for your needs but that removes all formatting and leaves just the text.

Let us know which one gives you the best results.

2020-10-16_08-59-33.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0