• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting PDF's

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MAC, have created documents in .pages software, neet to change a PDF back to .pages on my puter...... CAN and/or HOW can that be done if at all???

Scott T.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st Rule of Working in PDF:

Always keep the source file so you can make your edits to it, not to the PDF.

2nd Rule:

If the source file has been lost, then rebuild it either from scratch or by exporting from PDF into Word or another source file format and then re-exporting a new PDF from the new source file.

3rd Rule:

Don't lose the source file next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that IS the problem, for in my files, somehow? I lost or erased the original creation.... and while one can convert PDF's back to some other type of software, like Word, etc...... they do not have .pages from APPLE as one of those ways..... so I guess I'm forced to just retype the PDF back into my .pages format...... Scott T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage advice from @JR Boulay 

But in the meantime, export to either Word.docx, Word.doc, Txt, or RTF from Acrobat:

File / Save As / and choose your preferred file type.

Those are very generic word processing file types that you should be able to open or import into Pages. Although, I will confess that I don't use Pages, but I'd be surprised that none of these generic types can't be imported in. At the very least, you could open them in Word or something else and then copy/paste into Pages.

Tough lesson here: don't delete the source files!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH, it was purely by accident, some how??? First time in 45+ yrs. that I have ever lost s file creation...... but IT was so GONE that even my MAC could not RESTORE it, so I have no idea what I did.......lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to recreate it, but you shouldn't need to retype it. Once you have it in Word form you can copy/paste the text. Or, indeed, run forward with it in Word instead of Pages if it looks right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's formats are neither reliable nor sustainable nor standard, you will not find them in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH, I know that, but I was HOPING!!......LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget that Pages can easily open Word documents. So once you have it in Word, just open that in Pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines