• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting pdf to powerpoint crashes on Mac app

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting pdf to powerpoint crashes on Mac app creates a freezing dialog box pop-up when using the right-side sidebar option

However it works when using the menu.

Please advise.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohamede, 

We apologize for the delay in response.

Converting pdf to powerpoint crashes on Mac app creates a freezing dialog box pop-up when using the right-side sidebar option.

As mentioned above, that conversion works through the Menu bar.But when using right-sidebar to export pdf Acrobat crashes on Mac.

Are you referring to the Tools available in the right hand side Tool-pane?

[Adobe Acrobat official update (19.010.20069) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Or install the update through official release notes- DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products 

Hope this has started working for you. And if you have managed to find the solution to this problem then help us with your findings.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hae this problem. I tried to update but the version I have is current. I am running Catalina 10.15.3. Tried the left side tried the top crashed three times in a row. Ant suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mojave and Acrobat DC Pro :

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.6.20042.371807

AGM: 4.30.98

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.45402

Crashes when I try to convert PDF to PPT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the issue still persists, is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

A new version of Adobe Acrobat DC is now available v20.009.20065 please update the application go to Help > Check for Updates and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am also experiencing the same issue on a mac. I just redownloaded adobe onto a new Macbook Pro (2019) and am still unable to export into a presentation. I've tried changing the file name and have restaretd both computers several times but the issue is persisting.

Please don't tell me it's another update becuase I just downloaded the entire Adobe suite onto a brand new computer and have not been able to save the file. I'm using 2020.013.20074 on Big Sur 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sashaf

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this abehavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to export to Powerpoint? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

As you have the most recent update for Acrobat DC and Mac OS, have you tried creating a new test user profile with full admin rights or enabling the root account in Mac and using the application there as suggested earlier?

Let us know how it goes in a  new user profile or root account.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. Everything is up to date.

I have tried multiple pdfs and this is what I found: when using a PDF exported from powerpoint or microsoft word, Acrobat can successfully convert to ppt.

However, when I try to convert a pdf that was exported from an Indesign document, Acrobat cannot convert the pdf to ppt. 

Do there need to be certain output settings from Indesign in order for this to work? Should it be an interactive PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Have tried everything, it seemed to be working fine for me until this week. Trying to export Indesign PDF to word or powerpoint. Acrobat crashes every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathane,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are experiencing issues only with the InDesign PDF, could you please share the PDF with us?

Please share the following information for further investigation of this issue:

- Acrobat and Indesign version number

- OS on the machine

- Steps to create the PDF from Indesign

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it seems to be when ever I open a file straight from my dropbox. I would assume this would be the same if you were opening thr pdf from a server.

To fix the problem I copied the pdf to my desktop and went through the same step and it worked!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines