• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF to Word and text does not export

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PDFs in Hungarian with editable text... (more on that below).

• When I export to Word, I get the layout, graphics, tables, etc. but no text. 
  • In the export settings, I have set it to recognize text and changed the language to Hungarian. 
  • I have tried export settings for both "retain flowing text" and "retain layout" with same results.
  • Although text appears editable (can be selected and deleted), it will not paste into a plain text document or Word.
  • I've tried exporting to both Word, and Word 97 formats.
  • I've tried both Export to and Save As
  • Under Edit PDF in Acrobat > Scanned Documents >Settings, I selected Recognize Text in Hungarian, tried both Use available system font on and off, and selected Make all pages editable. 
  • Also under Edit PDF, I changed the font from Helvetica to Arial. (Note that the Edit PDF choices caused some characters to disappear in the PDF). It also has made the 12 page PDF somewhat lagging (get the spinning ball while working and have had to Force Quit to get out of it).
  • I have been able to convert other documents without issues but in English and western European languages (and not from the same source). 
  • Original document that made PDF is unavailable so it cannot be resaved with different settings.

What am I missing/should try?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edited to add - I tried the options to Embed Fonts (trying each of the different options). This gives me an error that the fonts are not able to be embedded. Also, I am on a Mac and wonder if moving to Windows might give me different results, as maybe the files are old enough this would be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines