• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF to Word is not working

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 7-day trial of Acrobat DC and tryiing to convert a PDF to Word or Excel.  When I try to convert to word, it seems to work until I try to open the Word file in Word. Then Word chokes on the file and says it can't open it.

"Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. 

• Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
  • Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.
  • Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.

When I try ti convert it into Excel it works for a while then chokes, saying something like "Save As cannot create the file."  Is anyone able to get these conversion features to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Apparently the file was too big for Adobe to handle. I used the Split() function and split the file into 7 equally-sized files, and successfully converted each of those files, so my problem is solved.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RcaAustin

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, after converting PDF to Word, Word is unable to open the file and gives you the error 'Word experienced an error trying to open the file'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you convert to Word or Excel? Please try with a different file and check. Also, please share the source file (PDF) and the converted file (Word) with us for testing.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to export the PDF to word?

Please try to update the MS office to the latest version and see if that helps. 

You may also try the steps provided here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2749199/how-to-resolve-the-problem-word-experienced-an-erro...) and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the file was too big for Adobe to handle. I used the Split() function and split the file into 7 equally-sized files, and successfully converted each of those files, so my problem is solved.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got resolved.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert a pdf to word in adobe pro it turns into gibberish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a new thread with the full details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines