Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy-paste & PDF issues

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Acrobat.]

When I need to edit an image, and have copied the title/file name for that image, when I go to save the edited image I cannot paste the title/file name but must retype it. Dealing with many issues every day makes this a pain in the You Know What as well as a waste of time. Also, when trying to print a specific email message, when that message has been opened in its own window, the PDF captures the entire screen, that is the message I want toi save, and the email program behind it, which I don't want ot need to save. Running the latest (automatic) updates of Adobe software and on the most recent updated version of Big Sur 11.2. Is there a fix fior this? A pending update? Thanks. 

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific.  Adobe is a big company that makes many different apps and services.  It's unclear from your question which Adobe apps or services you're asking about.

• From which application are you saving/re-naming images?
  • From which application are you printing emails?

Please note that there are some known issues with apps running on Big Sur.  See link below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. For quick notes, I use Apple Pages to create file names, image titles, etc. I try to copy them when saving images edited in Photoshop 2021. As to the other issue, I often need to save attached email documents into a file folder. I am using WebMail (Network Solutions) as it is attached to my main website hosted by them (screenarts.com). In the past I could double click to open the attachment, then select Print as PDF, saving it to the file folder. THat worked fine up to an included January 2021. Now, when doing the exact same thing, I get more than just the active document, but the application behind it. I will check out the known issues. Thanks for responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Adobe has nothing to do with WebMail or ApplePages.  Suggest you contact the respective product makers about those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you misunderstand. Those programs (Pages and WebMail) work flawlessly. It's when I attempt to use Photoshop in a way I have since version 3, or create a PDF the way I have for +/- 20 years that there is a problem. In short, from any program I use for writing, including Word, or Notes, or copying something from an email, it will not paste into Photoshop when trying to save an image. The problem, clearly, is not with the other programs I use without issue everyday. Very disppointed with your response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize if I'm not understanding your workflow and/or how this is related to Adobe.

These are public user-to-user communities,  not Adobe technical support.  For the most part we are unpaid forum volunteers and fellow product users like you.  We only know what you tell us. 

Copying & pasting from one app into another is usually handled by your operating system.  Printing email is controlled by whichever app you use to view the email. 

If you're using Acrobat Pro or free Acrobat Reader to print emails, can you please tell us exactly which version you have and what steps you're using?

For Photoshop questions, see link below.

Photoshop Community Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines