• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy text from pdf file

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can not simply copy text from attached pdf file and paste it ti word, I am getting other symbols and not copied letters? Is it only strange font that I am missing or else?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the tips provided in this thread help trobleshoot your issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see and try, but I already tried with different pdf reader, and also in Linux os, it does not copy text, but shows unreadable symbols. It copies only numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the fault of the file's author for using bad font encoding. The only solution (unless they fix it on their end) is to re-create the file by exporting all pages as images, then creating a new file from those images and running Text Recognition on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why is it done so. This is govermental publication, thus without "ownership", it is the for the people to use, made by people's employees, goverment clerks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sarcasm> I guess this is the first instance ever of governmental incompetence... </sarcasm>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-created the file for you using the process I described. You can get it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for info, but I will need to do it myself, I have many of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines