Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and pasting pages not working

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to copy pages from one PDF to another. On my old computer I'd select the pages on the left then use CTRL + C and It would show a cut line around the pages that were copied. Then I'd CTRL + V when moving my mouse under the page where I want the pages to go, and it would create a blue line. I just got a new computer and now when I do this it does not copy or paste. I have to drag from one to another. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try this...

Go to Organize Pages...

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.15.50 PM.png

Select the page you want to copy, note the blue line next to the page. your short cut keys will work with this to.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.16.16 PM.png

go to the document\page where you want to paste the copied page to.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.25.36 PM.png

Done!

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.14.37 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cut, copy paste features are missing for me both for shortcuts and also when using the organize pages method. using acrobat standard DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to Copy & Paste pages, you do that from the left side-panel. [Note: be sure to select a page before looking for Copy or Cut. To Paste a page, it should be available AFTER you cut or copy a page.

2021-06-16_08-56-14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting Acrobat. This worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only fix I have found but the problem persists, sometimes not long after restarting it. If anyone has a permanent solution, please post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely a bug that needs to be fixed.   The copy and paste mechanism in "Organize Pages" only works once or twice, and then I have to restart Acrobat Pro in order to get it to work again.  This is VERY frustrating when working with large documents that need a lot of restructuring.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. If this has been a problem for more than a year, Adobe should have fixed it by now. Is this due to overwhelming the clipboard buffer? I noticed that it happens more often when I copy larger numbers of pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutley clownish. Copy and Paste are foundational functions for any application that manages text and they need to be simple and intuitive. If they aren't, why am I paying to use this product? Fix your tech, Adobe and invest in some HCI classes for your designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a license after years of using open source pdf editors to more easily combine pdf files and immediately ran into this. So dissappointing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue. Very clownish indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having trouble copying pages. The copy and paste functions are greyed out and unusable, and there don't appear to be any security settings that would prevent page copying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines