• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copying from pdf to clipboard

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All, I keep getting an error while trying to cop and paste from pdf into word document when using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2015. . It says: "There was an error while copying to the Clipboard. An internal error occured". Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get an option to clear the contents of the clipboard and try it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Can’t even click on any options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this,

If you're in Microsoft Windows clear the contents of the clipboard using this guidance :

If you're on macOS use this guidance:

Then try copying between programs again but notice the following observations below:

When copying from Adobe Acrobat to a Micrososft Word document, before you paste anything make sure that you've enabled editing in the MS Word document.

If you've already done that, when you right-click to paste in MS Word take a look at the different  Paste Options that MS Word gives you via the context menu:

• Keep Source Formatting
  • Merge Formatting
  • Keep Text Only

Keep Source Formatting will paste the clipboard content exactly as it appears formatted in a Acrobat PDF textfield object that has any type of "Rich-text formatting", including Font type(s), base-line shift or paragraph line spacing properties, for example.

Merge Formatting, on the other hand, will paste the same content as it appears in the Acrobat textfield objects and may respect, bold, ubderline, Italic character types properties but will merge those properties with whatever Font type and Font type properties the MS Word document is using.

I would say that your best bet is to always paste as the desired content as "Keep Text Only" which I believe forces this pasting action to use Unicode only as the universal standard.

And I may be wrong, but for the sake of troublseshooting your issue, this is to rule out the possibility of Acrobat, MS Word, and even the operating, triggering this error if different Unicode encoding formats are used by each program independently from each other.

Like I said, I may be wrong, I hope I was able to explain this the right way.

In short, whichever the case may be, if you are copying free text content from an opened document in Acrobat, or copying a text string from a textfield object, just paste it in MS Word as plain text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines