Highlighted

Could we download somewhere the beta version of Acrobat Reader for macOS Big Sur?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is totally buggy on macOS Big Sur. Is there a possibility to download Acrobat beta or experimental version of macOS Big Sur?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could we download somewhere the beta version of Acrobat Reader for macOS Big Sur?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is totally buggy on macOS Big Sur. Is there a possibility to download Acrobat beta or experimental version of macOS Big Sur?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Acrobat beta or experimental version for macOS Big Sur.

You should've consulted the release notes for Big Sur which is still on beta stages,  and it is not officially released as a stable OS version yet:   macOS Big Sur 11 Universal Apps Beta 5 Release Notes 

Your inquiry was answered earlier this  month to another macOS Big Sur user.

Here's an more official statement from Adobe : 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Apple push the Beta version of Big Sur onto regular users? How come there are so many people who are using it now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to macRumor 6 days ago:

"macOS Big Sur is available to developers at the current time, and Apple has seeded five developer betas and two public betas so far. macOS Big Sur will be a free update for all compatible Mac models when it's released this fall."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Eastern Time, Fall begins on September 22 and ends on December 21st.  

So I guess it will be officially released anytime between those dates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There just seem to be a lot of "regular" (ie. non-beta testers) users with this version this time around. I hope they made it clear that a beta OS version is NOT suited for production machines, although knowing the Apple crowd people probably think that whatever comes out of Cupertino is flawless and can never have any bugs... Oh well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like a version of Adobe Acrobat that doesn't crash all the time with Mac OS Big Sur. In the meantime, i've gotten around the issue by virtually using another machine. Specifically, I have created a OS X image in Parallels using the Emergency Particion, and running Adobe Acrobat there,. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath. Adobe is very unlikely to release versions that are compatible with this beta version of the OS. Once the final version is released, if there are still issues, an update will soon follow. If you want stability don't install beta versions!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to say that this assumption to provide no beta release for Acrobat between june - date of earlier release of Big Sur beta - and the autumn is unbelievable to say the least.
Acrobat is a widely used application and users are willing to pay a not negligible cost in exchange of a service.

We are now approaching Bug Sur official release date and still no clue about Acrobat release.

In the meanwhile I have been paying the monthly fee in exchange of a completely unusable Acrobat version.
I hope Adobe will deeply understand how this is affecting its customer base and may reconsider its current opinionated attitude. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no one to blame but yourself for this situation. If you want to have a working machine don't install beta versions, certainly not of the OS!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. They should make a version available for Big Sur since it will be out soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would they do that? It would just be encouraging bad choices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0