• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Craete action on current document

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to create an action that works on the currently open document instead of asking what document or folder to open?  The Wizard starts with "Currently open document as default" but in fact always asks to open a document.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you specify at the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't yet.  I want to apply security settings to the open document (Document Properties, Security...), but since it always asks to open an existing document, I haven't pursued it further.  It would be nice if Acrobat allowed recording of a macro the way one can do in Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must open a document before you apply the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that's what I want, but applying the action asks you to open some other document, not the one you already have open.  How do I bypass that query and get the action to start working on the document already open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps does you use in the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm just getting started to create a new action so I haven't done anything other than try to create a new action through the Wizard, adding something trivial as the first step, but the first 'action of the action' is that by default it asks you to open an existing document rather than accepting the one already open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Adobe Acrobat does you use?

Following does work for me:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines