Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash in Invoices PDF new update

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the last update 13-14 May, we have a problem with some PDFs that are invoice, which previously we had not left the problem. This PDF says: The file requires compliance with the PDF / A standard and has been opened in read-only mode to avoid modification. In PC Windoews 10, it can be activated but after the sale of the VDI infrastructure with Windows Server, the program closes automatically when the PDF is opened giving these errors:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: AcroRd32.exe, versión: 20.9.20063.54258, marca de tiempo: 0x5eaf4c6f

Nombre del módulo con errores: JP2KLib.dll, versión: 1.2.2.46033, marca de tiempo: 0x5e8b9e22

Código de excepción: 0xc000001d

Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0006cd19

Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x5134

Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d62cf5e5a88373

Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\JP2KLib.dll

Identificador del informe: 2419f947-98e9-11ea-8352-0050569e9ca5

Nombre completo del paquete con errores:

Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores:

Windows no puede tener acceso al archivo  por alguna de las siguientes razones: Hay un problema con la conexión de red, con el disco donde se almacena este archivo o con los controladores de almacenamiento instalados en este equipo; o bien no se encuentra el disco. Windows cerró el programa Adobe Acrobat Reader DC por este error.

Programa: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Thanks

Screenshot_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergiol86

We apologize for the experience you had with latest update of Adobe Reader.

We will try to investigate this at our end. Please share a sample test PDF/A file with us.

You can use dropbox/drive and share downloadable link.

We would also, like to know if you face similar issue on a non VDI infrastructure Windows Server environment?

-Digvijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Digvijay,

When you said: "We would also, like to know if you face similar issue on a non VDI infrastructure Windows Server environment?" 

Is when crash Adobe in VDI, en normal environment with personal computer in local doesn´t crash but the warning is the same.

Can I send you a PDF a your email? Why are invoices...dibisht@adobe.com?

for exemple

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming on the details -
  1. The crash is only on VDI environment
  2. On a non-VDI i.e Local environment you see "warning" but no crash
These will help us in our investigation too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergiol86,

Can you please provide us with the below mentioned information in order to provide you with a resolution :

1. Pdf files withwhich you are experiencing the issue
  2. Crash dumps . Please refer to : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html in order to know how to collect logs for crashes on Acrobat

You can upload the file here itself in your reply or send me the files on my work email address : isverma@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We still have no answer. The sample error PDF is sent a  Digvijay, waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergiol86,

Sorry for the delay, but I didn't recieved the sample error PDF that you sent. Can you please send it again on the above mentioned email address : isverma@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Digvijay,

I resend email. Have you received?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergiol86,

Thanks for sharing the sample pdf. Can you also share the crash logs for the same. Please refer to : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html in order to know how to collect logs for crashes on Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Digvijay, 

I have sent email with files..but there´s one file dump that I can´t send for size.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Digvijay,

Can you receive de files? Can you investigate the PDF sent?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Digvijay,

We also experienced the same issue after the 0063 update was released. This effects any documents scanned to email on a copier and opened in a Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop environment. The 0065 patch did not resolve the issue. We reverted back to the 0042 release and it was working ok. The crash dump pointed at the JP2KLib.dll file as the source of the fault. As an interim solution we have copied the JP2KLib.dll from a 0042 installation and replaced the newer version and this has fixed the issue until a permanent fix is released. It should be noted the the issue was not present when the new version was installed on local desktops but only effected documents on servers running Remote Desktop Services and the new versions of Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonnoNZ,

Can you please provide us with the below mentioned information in order to provide you with a resolution :

1. Pdf files withwhich you are experiencing the issue
  2. Crash dumps . Please refer to : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html in order to know how to collect logs for crashes on Acrobat

You can upload the file here itself in your reply or send me the files on my work email address : isverma@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishita,

The information you requested has been emailed to you.

As per my email, the fault is only exhibited on a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Remote Desktop Services installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishita,

Have you been able to replicate the issue with files I sent?

Is there any further information you require?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DCis now available version 20.009.20065. Please update the application to the new version go to Help > Check for Updates and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know ho wit goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my original response, we have already tried 0065 and as of today, 0067 which broke everything again...

There is no mention of this issue in the "known issues" which suggests the issue has not been logged with the developers: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-dc-reader.html.

There is also no mention of it in the bug fixes for the 0067 release: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousmay2020qfe2...

Unless this is escalated to the right channels, I do not see a fix for this in any future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Is there any news? What "JonnoNZ" says is correct.

When will the next corrected update be released.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergiol86,

We tried reproducing the issue on our end with the pdf you sent over[12151920040370-126047PO_ GE026_20BI080323 _ BI080323202007065.pdf] but we are not seeing the issue on our end

Setup used:

VDI infrastructure with Windows Server having Adobe acrobat Reader version 20.009.20067.384717 installed

Steps performed :

1. Open attached file on Reader
  2. Click on "Activar edicion"
  3. Click on "Aceptar" on pop up
  4. Check behavior

Current Behavior :

Pdf opened successfully and No crash was encountered on our end.

Please confirm the above mentioned steps and setup in case anything is missing.

Also, please share the Crash dumps with us at the earliest.

Please refer to : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html in order to know how to collect logs for crashes on Acrobat

Regards,

Ishita Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ishita,

The problem is same in the version version 20.009.20067.384717 installed, but few minutes ago, 

we downloaded and installe the version 20.000.20042 and perfect becuase the libray JP2KLib.dll is the 1.2.2.45402. I think that is the principal issue, this library.

With this version is perfect. The problem is possible that the POP UP in this ThinClient to understand it...in VDI infrastructure.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also experience an issue with JP2KLib.dll crashing and forcing adobe reader to close when opening certain PDFs since version 20.009.20042 got updated to 63. I have tried using the latest 20.009.20074 but still experience this behaviour on our Windows 8/10 virtual desktops. Running in protected mode stops adobe from crashing but blocks the features users need the application for. I can provide my own PDFs and logs if you'd like?

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Michael, this information is correct.

Adobe IT support needs to take this information and review it well, because we have been dealing with the problem for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with crashing adobe reader DC 20.009.20074 of JP2KLib.dll and forcing Adobe Reader to close when opening certain PDFs since version 20.009.20042.
We have upgraded to the latest version, but this problem still occurs in our VDI environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Windows 2012 R2 Terminal Server, Adobe Reader DC 20.009.20074 --> Adobe Reader is crashing.

Before updating to the latest Version we had 2019.021.20058, there every PDF opens fine.

I replaced JP2KLib.dll in 20.009.20074 with JP2KLib.dll from 2019.021.20058 --> again every PDF opens fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines