• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes upon save after signature insertion

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat Pro 2020 version 2020.001.30018 (most current version per the software) on OS 11.0.1 Big Sur.

I have had this problem numerous times with at least 5-6 different forms (for example, self-created from Word, IRS-generated forms, etc.) in the last month. I open a form and complete fields and save it - no problem. Then I insert a signature - no problem. BUT, when I then try to save again (after signature insertion, always the final step), the Adobe window goes blank and I see the infinite spinning wheel. The only option is to force quit.

I'm not seeing any other reports of this issue. Thanks for any advice!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you report this to the Acrobat UserVoice website? It might be a bug already reported or to be included for the next round of fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this, what is the link? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the world is this a "correct answer"?!?! Not only is it not correct, it is not an answer at all. Talk about whitewashing tech support with fake data. Also, when I reported it there, I received no replies at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. It's very frustrating! When will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well...

I uninstalled by adobe; rebooted; and reinstalled it. It seemed to work for about a week and now I am back to the spinning wheel which hangs after I insert a signature. I even tried a new signature and the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Nothing worked other than clean re-install, worked for a bit, then same. I'd like a fix (or money back).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution. I can't re-install this every few weeks just to use the sign function/// maybe its time to move to a different program.

Any threads of stuff work? So far I have not found any that solve this crash issue. In fact not even a community response for suggestions that get to the root problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no answer on this thread. I have the same issue and its driving me bananas.  Any ideas folks? And how to get a hold of an actual Adobe tech support person, for hundreds of dollars of buggy software, you figure there would be a minimum of tech support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe started emailing me about it, but I didn't make time to answer their "where did you buy this and when" questions because not relevant to the actual problem and because I got "distracted" by actual work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with any PDF or certain types of PDFs? For examlle, have these PDFs been edited or viewed with Preview before attempting to sign them?

Also, does forcing a manual update of the OS would do any difference?

And what type of tool are you using when you mentio  "insert a signature"? 

Is this an electronic signature using the Fill & Sign tool or is this an actual digital signature field object in the PDF document, in which case, you need to choose a self-signed digital certificate or a trusted certificate from a trusted root certificate autority?

Please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

It does not matter what type of PDF or in what order it goes. It also is happening on multiple devices all with the OS fully updated i.e. current.

Try the insert signature tool in every different variation that exists and has the same issue. This is not a root signature and I follow those comments above… None of those make a difference. I have Tried a self signed signature, Fill and sign tool, a drawn signature… Always does the same thing. Like everyone else on this string, we can reinstall and it may work for some brief period of time but then goes back to not working. It's clearly a problem that is broad and recurrent.

I'd be open to pretty much try anything including another program at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi

It happens with any PDF where I am trying to add my signature via the fill
and sign option. I can edit or add text on a PDF with the edit took and
save it fine….unless I use the fill and sign…then it gets hung up on trying
to save. I have noticed it initiates the save. It will make a new file for
example if you use save as in the finder directory but the file is empty
(zero kB) and Adobe just remains trying to save it.

I am on BigSur with all updates for the OS. I don’t have any updates to
manual force.

As others have noted….uninstalling and reinstalling works for a couple of
weeks and then the fill and sign causes Adobe to freeze on saving or save
as.

Cheers.

D
--
D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines