• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashing, freezing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using only PDF documents and the paid subscription to adobe DC. yet the program freezes and crashes nearly everyday. Am i missing an update? you would think that adobe being a leader in pdf documents would have more stable software. its $130 per year to use there software to edit pdfs, yet it crashes on me everyday. Please tell me there is a simple update that i am missing

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat DC is freezing and crashing everyday.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/ steps you are doing that leads you to application crash?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20064 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending update and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

You may also try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and check. Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at start up', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and Reboot the computer.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid security risks.

If it still doesn't wok, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the crash logs as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html upload the logs to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share that link with us for testing.

You may also look at the help articles listed below:

For Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

For Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't believe that I am doing anything too taxing. I usually have 3-4 adobe pdf documents open in different tabs. These are our school's lecture slides. I am highlighting and annotating while our professors give lectures over zoom. my computer is the surface 7, its only 1 year old. 16gb ddr4 ram, 500gb solid state drive, and the i7 processor. i run the new windows and 64.  i figure maybe i am overtaxing it. but at times when it freezes i am only editing my notes. other times i am in the middle of class. the adobe program stops responding. i cannot even close it. i have to open task manager to close it. my only thoughts is that maybe a little bit more powerful computer would aid. looking at upgrading in the next month, to a desktop with a faster processor. hoping this helps

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Model Surface Pro 7
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Surface_Pro_7_1866
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Microsoft Corporation 8.124.140, 11-Aug-20
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
BaseBoard Product Surface Pro 7
BaseBoard Version Not Available
Platform Role Slate
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.1171"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @msa05012 ,

I don't believe your hardware is the issue here.

Here's the spec sheet from Adobe. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements-acrobat-2020.html

I think we need to focus our attention on Acrobat here. The behavior is odd and should not be hppening.

Some suggestions you could try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If these suggestions don't work, uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

Good luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I checked and it says that it is the most current update. Adobe froze again in the middle of class. I had to use task manager to close it. But I snapped a screen shot this time

[cid:image001.png@01D6C3F5.29DB4C90]
================================================= This e-mail is intended to be a private and confidential communication. This message (and any attachments) contains information that is confidential and privileged and protected from disclosure. It is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or any parts of it, please immediately contact the sender and delete the message from your system. No other person is authorized to copy, forward or disclose, distribute or retain this message in any form. The sender shall not be liable for the incomplete transmission of this message nor for any delay in its receipt and does not guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines