• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a Description in a thought cloud with a pointer to a image to explain it and print it out.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have image of a menu that I would like to explain different things on it.  So I wanted to know how to create a cloud looking object, type text description in it and then draw a pointer to a part of the image.  Now I want to print this so I don't want the popup note for a live pdf.  This way I can point to all different parts of the menu and describe them in the text box, or like I said a cloud looking thought box.  

Thanks for any help in advanced.  I do have Adobe Pro 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong forum. Moving this thread into Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat is not your tool of choice here.

Acrobat is not great for editing/designing documents; illustrator, PhotoShop or even InDesign would be better.

If you only have Acrobat, I suggest you look at 2 options, you will need to test how they print:

• Stamps are available in Acrobat. You can use a stamp that looks like what you need and add some text on top of it
  • There are some commenting tools that I used on architectural drawings, that allow to create the cloud you want.
  • Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 10.02.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Comment panel and select the Add Text Callout tool, under the Drawing Markups section (marked in blue below):

try67_0-1613239512446.png

Click the spot on the page where you want it to point to, and then move the mouse and click again at the spot where you want the text to appear. The result will be something like this:

try67_1-1613239578199.png

You can now enter some text into the field:

try67_2-1613239605907.png

When done, right-click the comment and select Properties. Under the Appearance tab change the Line setting to something else. The last two options will result in a cloud-like bubble:

try67_3-1613239664702.png

If you wish you can also tick the Make Properties Default box and the next time you use this tool it will automatically have those settings selected.

When printing the file make sure the Document and Markups option is selected under the Comments & Forms dropdown, and these comments will appear on the printed copy:

try67_4-1613239740838.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the good information above, once you have created your speech bubbles using the Acrobat commenting tools, you can convert them to regular page content using a preflight fixup (Tools> Print production> Preflight> Fixups). You can have greater control over your speech bubble design if you use InDesign or Illustrator, YouTube probably has tutorials.

Flatten comments to page contents.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines