Highlighted

Create a link to an attached pdf

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to format a link to open a pdf document that is attached to the parent pdf.  I work in AADC alot, but I'm stumped.

Any help is appreciated!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Simple. As the action of the link select "Go to a page view" and then, while the floating window is still open, open the attached file and then click the Set Link button, and you're all done!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create a link to an attached pdf

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to format a link to open a pdf document that is attached to the parent pdf.  I work in AADC alot, but I'm stumped.

Any help is appreciated!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Simple. As the action of the link select "Go to a page view" and then, while the floating window is still open, open the attached file and then click the Set Link button, and you're all done!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh jeez, of course.  Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to do this programmatically? For example, if I want to add a hyperlink programmatically that opens an PDF attached to the current PDF...is that possible? Any refererence?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dutcher0705,

In addition to try67, you may refer to the following help document for the same:

Links and attachments in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Thanks,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello try67.

I must be doing something wrong. I can't get it to work.

I'm on a Mac, with the latest version (Build: 20.12.20043.396433).

I have a single page PDF, with an image of a calendar, and I want to link the days to a specific .ics file (calendar meeting).

I've attached the .ics to the file, but as I link to the attachment, nothing happens. Seems like the link is set to "page 1 - zero zoom".

I've tried it with a different file type - an .mp4 video - with the same result: nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards

Fernando

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0