Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create calculation fields

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone,

I just started to use Acrobat Pro DC some days ago. I created a fillable PDF and added all the fields that are needed. Now I need to do some calculations at the end of the document. For the application we need the document to automatically calculate the subtotal for example. My problem is, that in the field properties the taps "calculate" and "validate" are not shown at all. So I don´t know how to add a formula to a field. 

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help. It works now and I can see the calcultion option. 

Maybe you can help me with one more question: Is it possible to link an option field with a specific number and use it later for a calculation? For example our customer can decide which premium he or she wants to have (which I solved with option fields) and we need to calculate later on the total amount of the payment.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue - THANK YOU for answering this question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

This is great advice, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. After calling Adobe Support and them walking me through these very same steps (again) to no avail, they advised starting over - which was not an option for me based on my deadline. Sooo...

1. I had the form I was working on that didn't allow calculations open (Form A).
  2. I then opened a form I'd previously created (or create a new one leaving the "required signature" checkbox unchecked) that DOES allow me to add calculations (Form B).
  3. I saved a copy of Form B (we'll call it Form C). You can close Form B now.
  4. I then "Inserted Pages" (off the File Menu) from the file I had a problem with (Form A).
  5. Then deleted the pages I no longer needed in the newly saved file (Form C).

*** I'm now able to add calculations to the desired fields and add a Digital Signature which was also an issue previously. I welcome any of the Adobe Gurus out there to give this a try so we can get this option validated. It worked like a charm for me - met my deadline and got rave reviews on my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines