Highlighted

Create pdf with acrobat is not working at all

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From about 2 weeks ago, it was working but now I can't use create pdf within acrobat pro 2017.

Whenever I tried to make pdf within acrobat pro 2017, it just stopped. 

Update version of mine is 2017.011.30171 and as I know it is recent version. 

I'm using MS office professional plus 2016 and it is also fully updated version.

[Not working list]

Acrobat pro 2017 -> File -> Create -> from multiple files to pdf

Acrobat pro 2017 -> File -> Create -> from file to pdf

File explore -> right click on the file I want to convert to pdf -> click "convert to pdf "

[Working list]

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> select Acrobat ribbon -> create pdf

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> save to adobe pdf

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> select printer as Adobe pdf -> save

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> Save as -> select pdf -> save

Other features are fully functioning. edit, arrange, rotating, saving, export etc.

Could you tell me what is the problem and how I can solve this problem?

Finally I found a reason of this problem.

It happended because of Skype for business. When I close the Skype for business all works do well without any errors. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create pdf with acrobat is not working at all

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From about 2 weeks ago, it was working but now I can't use create pdf within acrobat pro 2017.

Whenever I tried to make pdf within acrobat pro 2017, it just stopped. 

Update version of mine is 2017.011.30171 and as I know it is recent version. 

I'm using MS office professional plus 2016 and it is also fully updated version.

[Not working list]

Acrobat pro 2017 -> File -> Create -> from multiple files to pdf

Acrobat pro 2017 -> File -> Create -> from file to pdf

File explore -> right click on the file I want to convert to pdf -> click "convert to pdf "

[Working list]

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> select Acrobat ribbon -> create pdf

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> save to adobe pdf

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> select printer as Adobe pdf -> save

Open the file(xlsx, pptx, docx) -> Ctrl + P -> Save as -> select pdf -> save

Other features are fully functioning. edit, arrange, rotating, saving, export etc.

Could you tell me what is the problem and how I can solve this problem?

It happended because of Skype for business. When I close the Skype for business all works do well without any errors. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to create the PDF as  described above.

Are you on a  Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?

Please try to repair the installation (For Windows only) Go to Help > Repair installation and see if that works you.

Also, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working at windows 10 Home version 1909, and OS build is 18363.959

I've tried to reinstall the Acrobat Pro, repair installation option, trying with admin account but it didn't work. 

Actually, I suspect this problem is occured by MS office. Because when I tried to update MS office, office updater shut down whole office system and suddenly creating pdf process worked shortly. After updating the office and office system restarted, it didn't work again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As the issue still persists, please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I followed your instruction and it worked. After uninstalling with cleaner tool and reinstalling it, it worked perfectly.

However, as time passed, it stoped again. 

I don't understand why it works only just after reinstalling.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that you were able to identify the root cause of the issue and that the application is working fine now.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0