• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create pdf with form fields defined in Word, not Acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a word document template that will be used to create a mailmerge doc creating multiple instances of a prefilled form. The mailmerge will result in multiple documents, each resulting from a mailmerge relevant to an individual family member. I would like to be able to define, in my template, fields (legacy or ActiveX or whatever) fields that will result in fillable fields in the resulting PDF. I DON'T want Acrobat's autodetect feature to insert fields in blank table cells, etc., that I would have to delete later. Is there any way I can configure the Word fields I have defined to be recognized by Acrobat as form fields WITHOUT having Acrobat insert new and unwanted form fields of its own?

(Pardon the noob questions -- I've been using Acrobat Reader for years but am new to the full Acrobat product).

DN

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do it. You have to create the fields in the PDF and then perform the Mail Merge operation on that file, based on a spreadsheet that contains the data and column names that match the names of the form fields in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines