Highlighted

created action to set page size & trim marks, would like javascript to add form fields

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Using the Action Wizard (Tools>Customize>Action Wizard) I created an action that sets the page box (page size) adds the trim marks and saves the document (see attached (XXXXX Label.pdf)

I have a separate form with fields (some are dropdown) that I would like to integrate with the XXXXX Label.pdf by placing the form fields at the top 

Is there a Javascript that would allow me to add those form fields to the top XXXXX Label.pdf

Thanks much!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

created action to set page size & trim marks, would like javascript to add form fields

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Using the Action Wizard (Tools>Customize>Action Wizard) I created an action that sets the page box (page size) adds the trim marks and saves the document (see attached (XXXXX Label.pdf)

I have a separate form with fields (some are dropdown) that I would like to integrate with the XXXXX Label.pdf by placing the form fields at the top 

Is there a Javascript that would allow me to add those form fields to the top XXXXX Label.pdf

Thanks much!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look up addField.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name, but I am not sure what you mean

I dont want to create any filelds, I want to take existing fields from a form and place them in the pdf example I attached

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should elaborate further

each pdf page will have its own unique label artwork with trim marks as you saw in my attachment.(XXXXX Label

I was wondering if there was script I could use as a command or action to add my form fields to XXXXX Label(s) 

Each label is unique so the info in the form would change from label to label.

I'm trying to incorporate 2 pages of info into one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way to copy fields, neither singly nor all together. You can step through them, and recreate them, with some but not all options. If you need there to be form fields, you will, one way or another, need to use addField. It's all in the API Reference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0