• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created Date Overwritten on Save - Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save some PDF files (typically dynamic XML PDF files) using Acrobat Pro DC (2020.013.20074) on Mac OS 11.1, the created date is overwitten with the date/time that the save occurs. This has severe determinental effects with out cloud document management system (which only uploads when it notes a change between the modified date and created date).

I have spent hours on the phone with Adobe support, and eventually, talked to somebody that understood the problem and opened a bug report (Bug ID : ADC-4317807) two months ago.

(1) Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

(2) Does anybody know how to look up this bug report to see if Adobe is working on it?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the created date is overwritten with the date/time that the save occurs. 

I have checked the status on the bug reported with the ID ADC-4317807, our engineering team is working on it to find the fix. We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from the engineering team.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same probelm when using Adobe Acrobat Reader, however, it does not seem to occur when useing Adobe Acrobat.  I would love to have this corrected so that I can use Reader.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Is this ever getting fixed? I don't see it listed on https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-dc-reader.html

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. The issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix. We dont have a fixed time line for it as of now. We will share the update once we get any news from the engineering team.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide an estimate date of completion of the bug fix. We need to move on to another product unless this is resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plan of ever fixing this bug? This is computer programming 101. Give me the source code and I'll work on it. Sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 3 years later, Adobe has still not resolved this issue. I have spoken with inept Adobe customer support folks for hours on multiple different occasions over the years but no real progress has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultcztz7sy4d0ko

Please update the application to the new version 23.08.20470 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/47Sa6Jk and see if that helps.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed on a fresh machine yesterday. It is the latest version with no changes to preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and  share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See secured link below. The password is your name.
Links expire 2024-03-06

AdobeLogs_20240205_104424_599-mac-GS.zxp<>
DOWNLOAD<>
VIEW<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am unable to access the logs, would you mind sharing them again?  Please upload the logs to any cloud storage of your choice, create a shareable link and share that link with us in private message.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines