Highlighted

Created fillable forms, saved the files, shared with others but the radio buttons are not active

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent existing printable only health intake forms and tasked with making them electronically fillable.  I did that, renamed the file, and sent out to myself to test it out.  However, the form that I open from email is not fillable at all. I see the radio buttons, but there are no blue fields showing active fillable spots.   (See 213-1 file attached)

I created these forms to be used by many different people, who would have different information filled in. What do I do?

Also, I tried fixing the issue myself- but now I have seemingly turned on a protection that prevents me from editing a couple of the forms.  I tried making a copy of it and saving it without the Extended Tools option, but it isn't working.  There is also no security on the document itself, just inability to edit or make changes. I will attach that document as well (1048).

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Created fillable forms, saved the files, shared with others but the radio buttons are not active

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent existing printable only health intake forms and tasked with making them electronically fillable.  I did that, renamed the file, and sent out to myself to test it out.  However, the form that I open from email is not fillable at all. I see the radio buttons, but there are no blue fields showing active fillable spots.   (See 213-1 file attached)

I created these forms to be used by many different people, who would have different information filled in. What do I do?

Also, I tried fixing the issue myself- but now I have seemingly turned on a protection that prevents me from editing a couple of the forms.  I tried making a copy of it and saving it without the Extended Tools option, but it isn't working.  There is also no security on the document itself, just inability to edit or make changes. I will attach that document as well (1048).

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the 213-1 file in Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat and you will see the form fields.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just opened up 213-1 file from the attachment on here.  I filled out the form as a patient would, signed, and then reset the fields so that I could create a URL link to add to the Submit a Form button so that data could be sent to me in the future.  But after resetting the fields, everything is grayed out now and it is in read-only mode. This is what happened to the 1048 form. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you're opening this form in Acobat or Reader? PDFs viewed in a web browser often will not function properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that seems to have been the problem with the 213-1 form.  I opened it in Adobe on my phone and I was able to fill it in.  Thank you so much!

I tried the 1048 form but it isn't working.  How do I remove the read-only restrictions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I also still can't edit the 213-1 form to add a URL to the Submit a Form button.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0