Creating a drag and drop field on a form

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe this has been talked about in places but having now looked at over 10 posts around the web inclduigning this forum, I have struggled to understand the answers, or they don't answer this specific challenge.

I want add fields to a PDF form where the user of the form can DRAG AND DROP rather than UPLOAD an image. Can this be done?

If the answer is yes, and involves scripting (I'm not a programmer), could you please point me in the direction of a) the script and b) how I add the script?

Many thanks 🙂

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer is no, hélas.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not an image editor, but a PDF editor, the capability of dragging and dropping image objects in a PDF is usually available only while you're creating and editing a PDF form.

But if the final PDF will be used in a PDF viewer like Adobe Reader DC (or a web browser), I'm afraid that is not possible in this context.

Maybe by adding custom stamps,  comments  or annotations, some of those features  could give the impression that some dragg and dropping events are possible. But still that is far from the capability of dragging and dropping images since Adobe Acrobat doesn't privide the capability of reflowing the content.

Keep in mind that Acrobat is also not a text editor like  Micrososft Word, for example.

But in any case, Would you mind specifying the goal that you're trying to achieve with this PDF?

It will be easier for the community members to assist you.

Sometimes a combination of Adobe Acrobat's  built-in features with some JavaScript scripting may proove to work around with similar results in the abscense of the feature(s) that you're looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines