Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a mailto button using an image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to use an image and then create a mailto button from that image in Acrobat DC Pro? I did try searching for instructions but didn't find what I was looking for so I am reaching out to the community at large. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Simply create a button, and use the PNG as the icon for the button. You can set whatever action you like. Be sure the mail address is visible on the page, for the countless people for whom mailto links can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean if there's a way to click on an image field object that alreay contains an uploaded image in it, and when you click on that image fields, a JavaScript Mouse-up event script will execute and  send an email ?

Or,

Are you asking to use an image that it is already saved in your computer as the icon of a button field object that, in addition, contains a Mouse Up event JavaScript script that sends an email when the user clicks on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and yes, sort of, to your second question. I have a png that I added to a form. I would like to make that image into a button that when clicked will send that pdf via email. I have seen submit buttons do this, but I was wondering if it's possible to do this with an uploaded image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply create a button, and use the PNG as the icon for the button. You can set whatever action you like. Be sure the mail address is visible on the page, for the countless people for whom mailto links can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines