• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Pdf in Indesign but when opening to edit in Acrobat the textwrap areas have ....

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I created a newsletter in Indesign and I exported it as a pdf but when I open the pdf in acrobat to edit it, the areas that have a textwrap are multiple text boxes that are not continuous. I have tried so many different things to try and fix it but nothing seems to be working. Any Suggestion?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.19.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In you screen shot I seem to see body text and another box floated over the top (unknown whether it's body text, comment, or form field). But what do you want to see instead? And, WHY would you edit something you just made? This may be the real problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a newlsetter in indesign and I wanted to have the client to be able to edit the text and images in a pdf.  The only area I have a problem with is being able to edit it in the pdf is where the text wrap around two sections . Those areas are broken up into mulitple text boxes and not continous. I am not trying to edit the desing just the text and insert new images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bad way of doing things. If you want them to be able to edit parts of the file you can add form fields for them to do so in those specific areas. If you want them to be able to make extensive changes to the file share with them the INDD source file. Having them edit the PDF file's static contents is the worst of both worlds, and will cause much more problems than just that one you encountered so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have I fear made several reasonable, but flawed, assumptions, that have doomed this idea. I think you view InDesign as a complex design tool with generic text flowed into it. But InDesign has one of the most sophisticated text engines in existence, using the language, your styles, and its own H&J engine. Acrobat has none of these, and it has the most basic text editor imaginable. There is no concept of text flow, no text frames, no hyphenation rules, nothing. But you say, there ARE text frames. Yes, but they are made up by guesswork, looking at the text each time you edit. No, the idea of editing in Acrobat is doomed.

Many people have wanted to collaborate on documents without having the same software. Except for the very special case of InDesign and InCopy, it doesn't work. PDF is often seen as the solution to many problems that it actually can't solve. If you want to collaborate, at the basic design level of editing text and adding images, you need to agree (contractually) the same software as your client. That probably means you work in Word and deliver Word documents. They will be delighted, because they don't need to subscribe to Acrobat, and they require no training in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines