Highlighted

Creating a pdf using the booklet option in InDesign ... Plus Distiller won't open

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a file in InDesign that I need to make a booklet pdf from. It seems to only allow for it to print. When I try to make a .ps, it works but my distiller won't work. It gives me an error "Distiller quit unexpectedly." I have unintalled all of creative cloud, restarted, and then reinstalled and am getting the same issue. I was online with customer support for hours trying to fix it and they couldn't help. Maybe someone out in the community can help. Please. 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating a pdf using the booklet option in InDesign ... Plus Distiller won't open

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a file in InDesign that I need to make a booklet pdf from. It seems to only allow for it to print. When I try to make a .ps, it works but my distiller won't work. It gives me an error "Distiller quit unexpectedly." I have unintalled all of creative cloud, restarted, and then reinstalled and am getting the same issue. I was online with customer support for hours trying to fix it and they couldn't help. Maybe someone out in the community can help. Please. 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you can save as a postscript file but not print to PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try saving and pinning it 2 Microsoft

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask if this is happening only with password protected files that enforce editing restrictions to a document,  or, is it happening even with unrestricted files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be 2 any file

🤓

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0