• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a pop-up window in a PDF

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to insert a pop-up window that contains text when hovering over a title in a PDF. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and have very minimal knowledge of how to use this programme. I've managed to create a small pop-up using a button but want the pop-up to be larger than the area set for the pop-up. I've found the following recommendation but unsure as to whether this is what I need or how to follow this in Acrobat Pro DC:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/using/setting-action-buttons-pdf-forms.html#scale_and_position_bu...

Note:

If you want the image to be larger than the rollover area, or if you want the image to be in a different location than the image button that pops up, use the Show/Hide A Field action. First, you specify an icon for the button that will be shown and hidden. Next, you create a second button that acts as a hot spot when the mouse rolls over it. You do not assign an icon for the appearance of the second button. Instead, you use the Actions tab to show the first button when the pointer enters the second button, and hide the first button when the pointer exits.

If possible could someone provide me with a simple step by step guide as to how I can achieve this using Acrobat Pro DC.

Many thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These instructions are quite complete. Which part are you having problems with, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to create 2 separate buttons. In the first button I have added a large image as an icon and the second button I have added to some text where I want the pop-up window (first button) to be activated. I have set the second button (using the action tab) - mouse enter (show/hide a filed) to button one and mouse exit (show/hide a field) to button one. I'm unsure about how I should set the 'options tab' settings for each button so that the two link as described in the advice in my first post. I'm not sure whether I'm on the right track with this but any further advice would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines