• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a series of 75 PDFs with only one line changing in each one.

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am awarding grants to over 75 recipients. It's requiered by my institution that we send and store official award letters to each and every person. The letter must include their name, and ID#, and the amount they are receiving, but the rest of the letter is exactly the same for every recipient.

Is there a way to procedurally generate the PDFs? I have a spreadsheet with names, ID#s and reward amounts that I'm hoping to reference. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

I think you're talking about mail merging.

You should be able to create the letter template with MS Word and reference the source data for each recipient from the MS Excel source table.

You should be able to mail merge and create PDF using this Micrososft support guidance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/318118/how-to-use-the-mail-merge-feature-in-word-to-create-and-to-print-form

Once you've completed the steps in the link above, open MS Word. and click on "Acrobat" in the main to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're talking about mail merging.

You should be able to create the letter template with MS Word and reference the source data for each recipient from the MS Excel source table.

You should be able to mail merge and create PDF using this Micrososft support guidance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/318118/how-to-use-the-mail-merge-feature-in-word-to-create-...

Once you've completed the steps in the link above, open MS Word. and click on "Acrobat" in the main tool bar(far right).

On the next page, click "Mail Merge". The mail merge wizard will open and provide you with a few more steps (easy to follow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you add the email addresses to the list (and to the PDF, even as a hidden field) you could also automatically email the merged files to the recipients! You would need a script to do it, though, like this (paid-for) one I've developed: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines