• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a text import list for editing

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a list of words/text that you can import quickly into a document like macros?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you're asking, sorry.  You need to be a lot more specific.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a list of words that will be saved in Adobe that I can access quickly and import them into a document that I am editing.  For example:  Texas, Tarrant, Dallas, Ellis, Johnson, 7-22-2024 are things I have to add to documents using the Adobe editing.  I would like to be able to have the words on this list available for quick import into a document without having to do a copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask again...

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a company not a product 😉 

Are you asking about scripting for a particular Adobe product like Acrobat Pro DC or InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Acrobat from Using the Community (forums).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import them as what, exactly? Value of a text field? Items of a drop-down field? Comments? Static text? Please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you want to do either.  Why can't you just type as normal in whichever native app was used to create the document in the first place?  For example, MS Word supports custom word lists for Spell Checking.   And then when you're done editing your document in Word, use Acrobat to convert it to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will try this again.  I have attached a document.  The areas where I have to add text are designated with an arrow.  I would like to create a list of regularly used text/figures that I can quickly import into these spots with a click or two, instead of typing the whole word/figure or having Word open and having to switch between programs (Adobe and Word) and cutting and pasting.  These documents come to me as pdf's and I expect the companies that send these to me do not want me to be converting them into a Word document to do my adding of words/figures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the location is always the same a script can be used to prompt you to select the text to insert and then add it using a field or a comment, and then flatten it to make it into static contents. This will require a custom-made development, though. If you're interested in hiring someone to create it for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines