• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an autofill list for dropdowns with a list from a spreadsheet

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a form within an existent document in acrobat. I have an excel document with about 41 rows of data. I would like it if selecting one item from a particular column in a dropdown in my PDF could autopopulate the items in the rest of this particular section based on the corresponding data in the row.

Thank you for any insight.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would need to convert the data to a plain-text file in order to be able to read it using a script, or to hard-code into the script itself. Then create a custom-made script to use that data to populate the other fields when a selection is made in the drop-down.

I've actually created a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do just that, based on a data file, without having to write any code. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-populate-fields-from-dropdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines