• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Click-Thru (aka Click-Wrap) PDFs in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a click-thru document in Acrobat DC. It'll be a standard click-thru kind of document: someone opens the PDF and a dialog box appears that says some version of "You must agree to the following terms by clicking Yes to continue. If you click No, the document will close." When they click Yes, the document appears and they can continue; if they click No, the document closes. Basic stuff.

Rick Borstein wrote an excellent guide showing how to do this, but it was Acrobat in 2009. Creating a Click-thru Agreement in a PDF  It contains the JS code (which still works correctly, based on the results of opening his sample PDF) and well-written instructions, but I don't know where to go in Acrobat DC to do the same things. I've not found a similar set of instructions for this version.

Can anyone point me to current instructions or possibly update the instructions ("when it says go here, you actually want to go there and then do this thing").

Thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

John Hedtke

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Those instructions should still work now, but I would do it a bit differently. If you put the code under the Page Open action of the first page the alert will appear each time you scroll to that, even after the first time when opening the file, which might be a bit annoying.

I would place the code as a doc-level script, which means it will only be executed when the file is first opened.

To do that go to Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts (you might have to search for the latter in Acrobat D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to change the instructions. You can follow the instructions in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those instructions should still work now, but I would do it a bit differently. If you put the code under the Page Open action of the first page the alert will appear each time you scroll to that, even after the first time when opening the file, which might be a bit annoying.

I would place the code as a doc-level script, which means it will only be executed when the file is first opened.

To do that go to Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts (you might have to search for the latter in Acrobat DC), and then create a new item there, let's call it "Scripts". Delete all the default code that's generated and paste the code you've written based on the tutorial.

Save the file and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I've been trying to do the same. However, the instructions seem a bit outdated with regards to the current layout of today's Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I'm sure the code should still work. I've managed to find the script under More Tools > Javascript > All Javascripts and I've pasted on to the target document under the same location but nothing happens.

Forgive my lack of knowledge in coding.

I'd really appreciate any further knowledge regarding this as I cannot seem to find more literature on the Internet regarding this.

My goal is to create a click-agreement that would open or close a pdf document.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, again.

Please disregard my previous post. I've realized the error of my ways. Haha!

I've now posted the script on to All Javascripts and is now working exactly as how you guys described it.

Thanks for this very useful bit of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not able to find the article referenced at the beginning of this thread. Is it listed somewhere else or can you share the process/script(s) that worked for you? I am trying to add an "agreement" page to the beginning of a document to require readers to agree to the terms noted on the agreement page prior to viewing the document. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Can't find this info anywhere, but continues to show on search results.

Has this been moved or deleted???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways of doing it. I think the easiest one is to create two separate files: One with just the agreement page and another with the actual content. Then apply a security policy to the latter and set a File Open password.

Attach this file to the agreement page and then add a button to the end of it saying "I agree". When the user clicks it you display a message with the password and open the file for them (they'll need to enter it manually, though).

More complex solutions could include adding the actual document pages to the main file but placing them on hidden layers, which are made visible once the user clicks the I Agree-button, or something of that nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

the file with the instructions is not longer available. Can someone please kindly post the original code if available? 

Thank you and best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines