• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating fields

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys I'm having well it's not a problem but is more annoying thing when creating fields.

When i select for example text field and then when I decide where it will be placed on page and click mouse button it always go  little up or up and left from where I wanted it to be, then I need to drag it to place.

Is there something I can do to place field exactly where I click whitout them moving?

BTW I was thinking maybe it was my mouse to move when I click but I also tried with touchpad and it's same thing.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

I need to align them like this

Izrezak.PNG

It's easiest and fastest for me to do so with snap to grid.

Thank you guys for helping, I'm gonna keep using snap to grid, like I said it's not of a problem it's just little annoying but it's ok, was just hoping there is some fix to it but nvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to disable the "Snap to Grid" preference.

See slide:

snap2grid.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then I would need to turn on snap to grid again to allign my fields and that would be even more of a hassle to keep it turning On/Off and there is no shortcut for that.

If it's problem in snap to grid I belive adobe should fix that because if I align it with grid there shouldn't be reason to go and snap to another line when I click to make field.

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this seems to be more of a design behavior.

If you notice in my screenshot above, the first option "Grid" in the submenu allows you to turn on/off  the "Grid" lines using keyboard shortcut. (CTRL+U).

That way when I need to work around the snapping to grid issue I can manually drag and reposition any object in my PDF to align it properly the way I want it with my other fields... then activate the snap to grid and continue to work with my form if that is what is needed.

But, in my humble opinion there is no reason why the snap to grid option needs to be enabled at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the Grid to align fields. Select them in Prepare Form mode, then right-click the one you want to align with and use the options under Align & Distribute (or something similar to that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to align them like this

Izrezak.PNG

It's easiest and fastest for me to do so with snap to grid.

Thank you guys for helping, I'm gonna keep using snap to grid, like I said it's not of a problem it's just little annoying but it's ok, was just hoping there is some fix to it but nvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines