• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Links to Different Files in PDF Portfolio

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro to create a PDF portfolio.  I would like hyperlinks in one document to open other documents in the same portfolio.  However, when I try to do this, it seems I can only link to a page in the same document or link to a document based on the location on my computer.  Linking to the location on my computer is problem because I want to share the portfolio with others, and they may save it in a different folder structure on their computer.  Is there an alternate approach I can try?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Hey Erick, 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to create a hyperlink between documents within a PDF portfolio

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

• Open the portfolio containing different documents.
  • Select the main document where you want to create the link > Click on 'Open Document' in the top right corner.
  • Go to Edit PDF Tool > Select 'Link' > Add/Edit Web or Document Link
  • Using the cross hairline select the area where you want to create the link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erick, 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to create a hyperlink between documents within a PDF portfolio

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

• Open the portfolio containing different documents.
  • Select the main document where you want to create the link > Click on 'Open Document' in the top right corner.
  • Go to Edit PDF Tool > Select 'Link' > Add/Edit Web or Document Link
  • Using the cross hairline select the area where you want to create the link > 'Create Link 'Dialogue box will open under 'Link Action' select 'Go to Page View' > Click Next
  • A new dialogue box with the option 'Set Link' will appear (Do not click on set link yet) > Go back to the Portfolio tab and select the other document which you want to hyperlink and then click 'Set Link'
  • It's Done.

Now once you go back to the main document and click on the link it will take you to the new page within the portfolio.

I hope this will help 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF Portfolio, and creating links successfully both within the document and/or to external docs/websites. However, sudddenly, if i have more than one link on a page, ALL the links will be updated to match each other, so i cannot have more than one unique link on a page. Furthermore, and perhaps more of an issue, is that right after i re-create a link and it functions proplerly, it sudenly points to some other document within the portfolio, than the one i set, despite SAVING the doc. i am at a complete loss to what's happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to create links to PDF files from 1-9 pages long. I want to embed the documents in the main PDF file so that I can send only the main document to someone and they can click on the link to open the secondary document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines