Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App crashes when trying to install Acrobat Pro DC v19

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I try installing Acrobat Pro DC v19 (the latest version) on my MacBook Pro, CC Desktop App crashes. I've used the cleaner tool, our IT department hasn't been able to figure it out either. It gets to about 3% and then just closes—no errors, no notifications, just closes. I've tried downloading the disk image provided by Adobe, and that does nothing but open up the Desktop App and try to install it from there anyway.

I'm on macOS 10.14.5 on a 2017 MacBook Pro.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

Armik

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armikd,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the CC desktop app crashes while installing Acrobat DC

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

If it still doesn't work, please provide us logs by performing the below steps:

1. https://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/AdobeLogCollectorTool/mac/LogCollectorTool.dmg
  2. Double Click to open dmg
  3. Run the Log Collector tool application
  4. Follow the instructions shown on the screen
  5. Share the .zxp file created by the tool

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

The Acrobat Cleaner Tool didn't work since there was no insallation of Acrobat. I had previously removed all apps and was only trying to reinstall. Since that was the case, I went ahead and ran the Adobe LogCollector Tool. I received an email notification that was it uploaded on the Adobe LogCollector Portal.

The file name on the portal is: AdobeLogs_20200124_094745_565-mac.zip

Thanks for you help!

Armik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armik,

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved. Would you mind sharing the log file directly to us so we can look into it and get the issue addressed? Please upload the logs to document cloud (http://documentcloud.adobe.com/), generate the link and share the link with us via private message. 

Click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message with us. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent it over earlier today. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there 

we are sorry for the delay in response. We have shared the logs with the engineering team and they are working on it. 

We will share the update as soon as we hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are not able to see any crash logs collected in the link that you have shared in private message. 

Please use the steps here (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) to collect the crash logs and share the logs with us in private message. 

Also, you may try to kill AAMUpdatesNotifier in activity monitor and retry the workflow and see if that helps. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared the logs you asked me to share. If you are saying that there was nothing there, that is untrue. I have a confirmation email that the file was viewed by someone at Adobe on February 6th at 4:39am PST. I followed the instructions I was given and sent through a private message. The file was delivered. I still do not have an answer 3 weeks after this has been brought up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, we are sorry for the delay in response.

From the log files, the product team is not able to determine the actual cause of the crash as the crash file is missing from the logs that you have shared.
Please collect the logs again and share it with us so that we can expedite the fix/resolution for this issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone help me? I had problem in installing Adobe Reader. It stopped until 72%. I had installed cleaner to clean previous adobe. Had reboot the machine and reinstall Adobe Reader

But it still error. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mettoo

We are sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. If the issue still persists please try the following steps and see if that helps

If it doesn't work 

Please provide us logs by performing the below steps:
  1. https://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/AdobeLogCollectorTool/mac/LogCollectorTool.dmg
  5. Share the *.zxp file created by the tool in a Private message. Click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried all the steps and still unsuccessful. Please help. I need the
application badly.

Thanks.

Regards,

TMegalia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TMegalia!

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind sharing more details for further investigation?

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the OS version?

Are you getting any error message while downloading Adobe Reader or facing any issue during the installation process?

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Windows 8. There is an error message appeared after the
installation. I attached it to this email.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Regards,

TMegalia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Would you mind sharing the error message again as i am unable to see any error message attached?

Also, please provide us logs by performing the below steps:

5. Share the *.zxp file created by the tool. Please Upload the logs to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us for further testing. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi good day. I purchase the Adobe acrobat Pro DC i already received email and after that i am installing it. But while installing it always stop in 8% and waiting for the whole day for progress. I need assistance for this. Thank you for your help in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Sorry to see your struggle. 

Can you please confirm the OS on which you are installing Acrobat DC? Make sure your system meets the requirement : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html 

If you have any older version of Acrobat installed, then that might be causing interruption. Run the cleaner tool (only when you don't require previous version, if any) and clean the system with old traces :http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  and try installing again:  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimberlyn

++ Adding to the discussion

Please provide us logs by performing the below steps:
  5. Share the *.zxp file created by the tool in a Private message. Click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines