• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud only gives Acrobat "Pro" DC for Mac

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My job provided me access to Acrobat DC full rights, works great on my work PC and personal PC, I can edit and do all my work. But when I try to download Acrobat DC on my Mac, it only downloads as Acrobat Pro DC, and states I don't have rights and my trail is over. Why can't I download Acrobat DC in Mac? Creative Cloud only downloads the Pro verison. Help. 

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the Trial Expired error when you try to use Acrobat Pro DC on Mac, but working fine on Work and personal PC.

Please check your connection to Adobe server and try to reset the host file as described in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html and check.

You may also look at the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/trial-software-expired-early.html

If it still doesn't work, please try the steps described below:

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/   and click go.

3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.

4) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .

5) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db

6) Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries

7) Relaunch the application and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat DC comes in two flavours: Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Standard DC. You say you have "Acrobat DC full rights". It isn't clear which of those two it is, but I'm going to guess it's Acrobat Standard DC. A license to that is useless on Mac, because Acrobat Standard does not exist on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines