My job provided me access to Acrobat DC full rights, works great on my work PC and personal PC, I can edit and do all my work. But when I try to download Acrobat DC on my Mac, it only downloads as Acrobat Pro DC, and states I don't have rights and my trail is over. Why can't I download Acrobat DC in Mac? Creative Cloud only downloads the Pro verison. Help.
If it still doesn't work, please try the steps described below:
1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)
2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/ and click go.
3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.
4) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .
5) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db
6) Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries
Acrobat DC comes in two flavours: Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Standard DC. You say you have "Acrobat DC full rights". It isn't clear which of those two it is, but I'm going to guess it's Acrobat Standard DC. A license to that is useless on Mac, because Acrobat Standard does not exist on Mac.