• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud says I have Acrobat 2020 but opens as 2015

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my pc laptop Acrobat pro 2020 is there and works fine but on my imac with catalina it alway opens as an older version (2015) and is buggy. Why can't I get i on my mac?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the correct way of doing the upgrade to version 2020 should've been  to first  uninstall the 2015 version , then run the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool, and last perform the installation of 2020.

If this wasn't done that could be the reason why you're macOS still loads up 2015 even though you did installed the 2020 version. Seems like old traces of the old installation were not removed completely (I may be wrong though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thomas!

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, you get the older version of Acrobat when launching it on Mac OS.

Could you please confirm if the application was installed from Creative Cloud desktop application on your Mac?

Are you using the same Adobe ID on both machines to sign in to the application? 

Is it a work machine or your personal machine?

Please share the details as asked above.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same adobe id on both machines. The account is a work account, but the PC laptop is a personal computer. The imac is in the office  and I am connecting to it remotely from home. I know I installed Acrobat from the CC app on my pc, but our IT guy installed 2020 CC on the work mac Aug 2019. The CC desktop app on the mac shows Acrobat as being up to date, but when I open it from there, it is the old version.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines