Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop a pdf file does not works in Acrobat Pro DC

Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a PDF file with inside some pages that have not the same size. I would like to have all pages at the same dimensions. So I gone inside "Modify / Crop" and selected a rectangle on the first page then double click on it to have the crop window. In the crop window I selected "Cropping area" extended to "all pages" and click OK but nothing happens : all the pages are not cropped to the same size (I am always with some pages that have not the same dimensions). Have you a solution ?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Before you continue to troubleshoot  the pages structure with Acrobat, check the page settings from the default print driver application settings that are managed through the operating system instead.

Adjust the page settings from there and then see how it behaves in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you end up with pages the right size, but you have no control over which bits will be cropped, so you could be left with the wrong contents, at the right size.

If you're sure it's the wrong size, what is the exact size of the first page and the bad page after cropping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In this screenshot I have surrounded in red my problem.

The problem is on the screen : between two pages scanned I have a difference (the alignment is not OK).

How to have on the screen a perfect alignment between pages with acrobat Pro DC ?

acrobat crop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question about what size the pages actually were, but I can see the problem. The Crop Pages tool - if you look at the dialog - translates your dragged box into a margin to remove, then removes the same margin from each page. You need to use Change Page Size - but you'll find that it won't reduce page sizes! Here is the trick.

1. Find the largest page size or guess one bigger than all the page sizes.

2. Go into Crop Pages (drag a box, it will be ignored).

3. Click on Change Page size -- Custom and set a size LARGER than all the page sizes. The actual size here is unimportant. Click on Page range -- all.

4. You will now have all pages the same size, and all of them too big.

5. Now go into Crop Pages again, dragging out the box you actually want.

Check page size and alignment. If you have alignment problems you can't use this method but need to adjust each group separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - At the left, I have right clicked on a selected page thumbnail and selected "Crop the page" in the menu.

2 - In the crop window at the bottom I have selected "Fixed size" with "A4" (the A4 is bigger than my original document), for "All pages".

3 - Then I gone on Modify the PDF file (at the right) and selected "Crop the page" (at the top). 

Then I selected a zone on this page and double clicked on it.

4 - In the crop window, I selected only "All pages" (at the bottom) and clicked "OK".

And ... it works : all pages are perfectly aligned ! My problem is solved !

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Another crop problem :

In this screenshot, I have cropped a part of an A4 page. And the result of the crop inside crop window is in "portrait format". For me it is too small and I would like to have this crop in "landscape format", but I don't know how to do this in the crop window. 

On the screen I would like to keep the "portrait format", but with the content in the "landscape format".

crop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "portrait" or "landscape" in PDF, really. Each page has a width and height, and if the width is more than the height, we call it landscape. You can rotate pages, it's your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but If I want to print it in landscape, I select landscape in print, but the result is (see screenshot). 

How to center it in the print ?

crop 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks landscape to me, but is smaller than A4 and you are printing on A4, and you have specifically chosen to print at 100%. So it can only do what you ask. You can choose "Adjuter" for scaling and see if it will enlarge it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a deranged interface for such a simple operation! They must have attended the Microsoft course in unser interface design.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok, I have a problem of crop.

I have scanned 16 pages with acrobat pro, then I have cropped each page in order to remove the black color around the pages (because the scanner cover was open during scan). All was OK.

Then I have seen that all the pages were not aligned (some are more small than others). So in order to have all pages aligned with the same size, I have made : right click on a page thumbnail at the left and select "crop", then choose "Fixed" and "A4" and "all pages". But the result is strange : please see the screenshot (some pages are OK, but some other pages have loosen the precedent crop, ie they are with the the black around the page like the original scan).

By example I have pages 2, 4, 6, 8 etc not good (with black around) and pages 1, 3, 5,7 etc ... are good (every 2 pages)

I don't understand why. Have you a solution ?

after crop all pages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of using the Accessibility Checker tool and run a full report to see what exactly is the problem.

I wouldn't use the method that you used to crop pages.

I think this is caused by the PDF Optimizer settings when you have it enabled to run automatically in the Acrobat Preferences. May be you'll get better results if you're able to configure the PDF Optimizer manually and test it with different preferences.

You  can also  use the Print Production tool --->>> PDF fixups and test with different profiles to scale pages or crop unwanted elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines